If your dentist has concerns about a finding inside your mouth they will send you to Johnson Oral Surgery Knoxville to determine if a biopsy is necessary.
The following can be signs at the beginning of a pathologic process or cancerous growth:
- Reddish patches (erythroplasia) or whitish patches (leukoplakia) in the mouth
- A sore that fails to heal and bleeds easily
- A lump or thickening on the skin lining the inside of the mouth
- Chronic sore throat or hoarseness
- Difficulty in chewing or swallowing
Please contact our office if you have any questions.